The design of a golf course is an evolutionary process requiring a combination of focus, skill and creativity. Working closely with the principals of each project Tom is able to explore opportunities while demonstrating concern for the preservation and adaptation of as much land as possible.
During the initial design process, Tom considers several points to be of paramount importance:
- Recognizing that the development and ultimate success of the golf course will be collaborative effort involving highly specialized consultants.
- Establish realistic goals.
- There must be a defined concept that is relative to the site's attributes and constraints.
- Establishing budgets, time lines and schedules is critical to the management of any project.
Thorough design and engineering foretells the integrity of construction an keeps future operational and maintenance costs in line with projections. Continual site evaluations and design refinements are incorporated into the design documents to further reduce construction costs and to ensure critical time lines are met.
Once the preliminary design phase is complete, preparation of an accurate set of construction documents is crucial in obtaining competitive quality bids. Tom Schroeder Design will produce a clear and concise set of plans and specifications to ensure competitive bidding.
Tom Schroeder Design will assist with:
- The pre-qualifying and selection of a golf course contractor
- Providing realistic projections and competitive bidding
- Incorporating on-site observations into final construction documents
- Compliance with a previously determined budget
Professional and timely design collaboration coupled with experienced hands on site supervision will provide the client with the best product, reducing construction and maintenance costs.